积分
发表于 2020-3-24 10:37:45 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Stay Home - Work Safe order issued for Houston, Harris County

Ad Duration00:12 - More Info
Play
PlayCurrent time00:02Seek00:00
Duration02:47Toggle MuteVolumeSettings
Toggle Fullscreen
1.1em]This is what the 'stay home, work safe' order that Judge Lina Hidalgo has issued for Harris County means.
HARRIS COUNTY, Texas (KTRK) -- A Stay Home - Work Safe Order has been issued for Houston and Harris County residents to help fight the spread of COVID-19.

The order will go into effect at 11:59 p.m. and will last until April 3. It applies throughout Harris County, including unincorporated areas and all cities within the county.

Harris County Judge Lina Hidalgo said in a tweet that people should stay home except for essential needs. Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner echoed what Hidalgo said.

The decision was announced Tuesday at a joint press conference with Hidalgo and Turner.

Harris County Judge
@HarrisCoJudge

BREAKING: I've just issued a Stay Home-Work Safe Order for Harris County residents effective midnight tonight. Folks should stay home except for essential needs. This moment in history will define our future. History will say we prioritized human life.

Houston Mayor's Office
@houmayor

Stay home, work safe order issued for Harris County. This means we should all stay home unless our jobs are essential.  
8:28 AM - Mar 24, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy
799 people are talking about this

"To put simply, this means that all of us should stay home unless our jobs are essential for the health and safety of our community," Hidalgo said.

"I can say to you without reservation that @HarrisCoJudge and I are standing together on this order. This is a public health crisis," Turner wrote.

Houston Mayor's Office
@houmayor

Replying to @houmayor

I can say to you without reservation that @HarrisCoJudge judge and I are standing together on this order. This is a public health crisis. --Mayor Turner #StayAtHomeOrder #COVID19
According to the federal government's Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency guidelines, there are 16 sectors considered essential:

• Communications
  • Chemical
  • Critical Manufacturing
  • Commercial Facilities
  • Dams
  • Defense Industrial Base
  • Emergency Services
  • Energy
  • Financial
  • Food & Agriculture
  • Government Facilities
  • Healthcare & Public Health
  • Information Technology
  • Nuclear Reactors, Materials and Waste
  • Transportation Systems
  • Water
Under the order, grocery stores will stay open, with Turner saying the food supply chain is sound.

Sylvester Turner
@SylvesterTurner

We have often said that our grocery stores will not shut down and that people can go to the doctors and get their medicines, though we must practice #SocialDistancing. #COVID19 #StayHomeWorkSafe
8:54 AM - Mar 24, 2020 · Houston, TX
Twitter Ads info and privacy
Parks will remain open, but no playgrounds, benches, exercise equipment or basketball courts may be used. People who enjoy the outdoor spaces must maintain social distancing.

WATCH: Houston Mayor Turner explains what people should do during the order

[size=1.084em]Not sure what you should do in a 'stay home' order? Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner explains

Restaurants can continue providing takeout and drive-thru service, but must maintain social distancing between customers as well.

In order to safely social distance, you must stay six feet away.

Day cares who provide care for employees of essential businesses can remain open.

Religious and worship services are to be streamed online only, but one-on-one counseling between leaders and parishioners is allowed in an effort to help with mental health.

SEE MORE: What does the Harris County and Houston Stay Home - Work Safe order mean for you?

The goal is to "flatten the curve" and to limit exposure and spread of the virus that has killed eight Texans and infected more than 340.

"My destiny is in your hands. Your destiny is in my hands. Where we go from here is dependent on how we recognize the crisis we are in," the mayor said.

Hidalgo said a fine or up to 180 days in jail will be enforced for violating the order.

Still, the Harris County Sheriff's Office said there is no desire to arrest people. Instead, the hope is that people will voluntarily comply.

However, citations are a possibility, with HCSO's Jason Spencer saying the enforcement focus, if any, will be on businesses open in violation of the order, not necessarily individuals.

After the press conference, Houston police chief Art Acevedo spoke.

"First of all, let's just make something clear. The city is not locked down," Acevedo said. "That couldn't be further from the truth."

"We're going to ask people when we think they're doing something that's in violation of this order, we're going to ask people to comply, and we believe that by using some compassion and common courtesy, we'll be able to be just fine," Acevedo said

QQ截图20200324113631.png
回复

使用道具 举报

高级模式
B Color Image Link Quote Code Smilies

本版积分规则

美国网址大全

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|美国论坛德州华人网

GMT-6, 2024-5-19 00:48 , Processed in 0.057355 second(s), 26 queries .